Conservation and management of wetlands through joint data collection and analysis that will develop research capabilities in both countries.
- Response of wetlands hydrological process to climate change;
- Maintenance mechanism and scale characteristic of wetlands hydrological regulation function;
- Status evaluation of agricultural irrigation water demand and wetlands ecological water demand in Songnen-Sanjiang plain;
- Songnen-Sanjiang plain water resource regulation based upon food security and wetlands ecological safety;
- Landscape pattern optimization of a regional wetland-farmland system based on multiple target scene
In 2018, Louisiana State University and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) jointly organized an international wetland conference in Changchun, China. The institute broadcasted the technological achievements of the project through various media channels.
In 2019, CAS was able to organize a field survey in Alaska Kenai Estuary Wetland and Turdra wetland. Northeast Institute of Geography and Agroecology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) was able to invite more U.S. wetland experts to collaborate in wetland research.
In 2020, CAS proposed a regional/international strategy on strengthening wetland protection and restoration in Heilongjiang Basin. The strategy will be implemented by Bureau of Science Communication, Chinese Academy of Sciences.